Thursday, July 21, 2005

Our Potter, soften their heart, open their eyes and mind

Lord, if you are listening to my prayer, please answer my prayer. Soften the heart of those whom I have been praying in my heart and thinking of, so that when they have the courage to open their eyes, they may truely see You, our Potter! Open their mind, O Lord. Lord, stengthen me so that I will have the same patience with them as You are being patient with us. I wait to see that Your plans and timing are better than my own. Therefore I pray for patience so that I can continue to share with them the Good News ceaselessly, without tired.
_
You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it,"He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"? (Isaiah 29:16)
_
But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?' "Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? (Romans 9:20-21)
_
Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. (Isaiah 64:8)
_
. . . Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands'? (Isaiah 45:9)

Rate This Post

No comments: